Click below to watch Father David’s Weekly Word.
Tuesday, while we were preparing to distribute our weekly dinner, I was standing in the empty parish hall and missing all of you. I miss our worship, our fellowship, and your company. It will be a while before we get back together, but the good news is that we are beginning to plan for that now.
Governor Inslee released a four-phase plan for reopening the state from the pandemic lockdown. Our Bishop has developed a four-phase plan for reopening our churches and our worship that follows the Governor’s plan.
The Bishop will make the determination of when we transition between phases based on public health data and other factors. We are currently in Phase 1 and it looks like the earliest we could transition in to Phase 2 is May 21st. As you can see, there isn’t much difference between Phase 1 and Phase 2. It isn’t until Phase 3, which can’t start until mid-June at the earliest, that we begin to open our church building for worship and other activities. The Vestry will be working to put in place policies and procedures and teams to implement them as we return to gathering and worshipping together.
In the meantime, please continue to take advantage of our virtual and online offerings:
- Online worship at 10:00 AM on Sunday morning. Join us Sunday morning, or watch later. The bulletin is available online as well. There is a link at the top of this newsletter.
- Zoom Coffee Hour after worship at 10:45 am. This has been great fun and we’d love to have you join us. You can even just call in with your phone.
- Morning Prayer and Compline, Monday through Saturday at 8 AM and 8 PM. This has developed into a lovely community of prayer and we would love to include you.
- Online Classes. I have started recording the lecture portion of the classes I am teaching and posting them for everyone to see, whether you attend the class or not. The classes themselves are using zoom gatherings to discuss the material and go deeper.
- Choir-antine Music Theory classes every Thursday night at 7:00 PM. Susanna is teaching us music theory. Contact Susanna for more info.
- Online giving. Matthew 6:21 reads, “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” When I receive a stimulus check, I look forward to tithing on that income. That’s an important way for me to keep my life and my values aligned.
Blessings and peace to you all. With love,