St. Dunstan’s Episcopal Church
The Parish Communications Manager is a part time (15 hrs/wk) hybrid/remote position. You will work with church leadership, staff and volunteers to plan for and communicate our church mission and events through creative engagement with social media, online news outlets, and our online presence.
About St. Dunstan’s
We are a progressive, welcoming, and inclusive congregation that strives to build a community where people of good will can join together to perform actions that we cannot do alone. We want to be part of creating a new “common good” that welcomes all people rather than exclude or marginalize them. The Parish Communications Manager will play a key part in that goal, as they work to convey that message and to build our visibility and contacts both online and in person.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Work with leadership, staff, and volunteers of St. Dunstan’s to create and implement our communications and social media strategy.
- Manage Facebook and other social media platform marketing and advertising efforts, including creating, designing, boosting, scheduling, and responding to posts. Report on social media metrics and effectiveness.
- Manage and update parish Facebook page and website, including landing page, updates, and calendar.
- Create press releases for local media outlets (Shoreline Area News, Edmonds Online News) and work with and monitor online services (EventBrite, Yelp) to promote church events.
- Produce weekly online church newsletter, weekly bulletins, and annual report.
- Perform other, similar, duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative and compelling graphics, posts, flyers, press releases, and articles that will appeal to multi-generational audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Expertise in generating both internal and external content and in event promotion and marketing.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively as part of a team and to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strong background with social media, including Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram and ability to make recommendations regarding social media strategy.
- Experience with Microsoft 365, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of WordPress and CANVA preferred.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or equivalent education or experience is preferred.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . If selected for an interview, you may be asked to provide references and samples of your work.
Thank you for your interest!